SLLING-L Digest - 9 Apr 2012 to 11 Apr 2012 (#2012-38)

Mieke Van Herreweghe Mieke.VanHerreweghe at UGENT.BE
Fri Apr 13 10:32:07 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Very happy to see that sign language research in Flanders is on the map
as well, but the coordinates do not reflect the current situation. I
don't know whether this can be corrected? This is what we've got at the
moment:

  * Ghent University: Flemish Sign Language dictionary
    (http://gebaren.ugent.be) by Mieke Van Herreweghe, Myriam
    Vermeerbergen, Katrien Van Mulders, Kristof De Weerdt, Eline
    Vanhecke;  linguistic research by Mieke Van Herreweghe; research
    into language acquisition by deaf infants by Kimberley Mouvet; new
    Flemish Sign Language corpus project will start on 1 July 2012
    (http://www.taalkunde.ugent.be)
  * Lessius Antwerp: Bachelor and Master in Flemish Sign Language
    interpretation; linguistic research by Myriam Vermeerbergen
    (formerly linguistic researcher at VUB Brussels - CLIN)
    (http://www.lessius.eu)
  * Vrije Universiteit Brussel: psychological research by Gerrit Loots
    and team  (mostly early mother-child interaction) but Gerrit is not
    connected to CLIN (since that's the VUB Centre for Linguistics and
    he is a psychologist) (http://www.vub.ac.be/KLEP/
  * Flemish Sign Language Centre, Antwerp: research into plural
    formation and classifiers; from 2012 onwards lexicographical
    research by Isabelle Heyerick, Eveline Huys and Joni Oyserman
    (http://www.vgtc.be)

By the way in Wallonia (French speaking part of Belgium) research into
LSFB is done by a team at the University of Namur directed by Laurence
Meurant.

Best,

Mieke Van Herreweghe and Myriam Vermeerbergen

--
Vriendelijke groet,

Mieke Van Herreweghe

_______________________________