Aberdeen MT system

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 12 23:24:40 UTC 2012

Has anyone seen the system mentioned in the URL below? And has there been
any systematic testing of this Machine Translation system which, according to
_The Scotsman_, would "dramatically change the lives of more than 50,000 users
of British Sign language whose communication would be 'immediately translated
into text which can be read by the person they are conversing with'"?

(Be that as it may, I haven't seen Spanish MT dramatically change the far greater
number of Spanish-speakers in the US, but that may just be me being grumpy)

Just curious.

Cheers,

-Dan

PS: Here's the URL: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-
news/9134827/Sign-language-program-converts-hand-movements-into-text.html