FW: Graduate Study in Linguistics at the University of Toronto

Ulrike Zeshan UZeshan at UCLAN.AC.UK
Mon Nov 26 02:19:43 UTC 2012

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Toronto is widely known for its collegial atmostphere, highly engaged students and faculty, and excellent teaching and research.

We are now accepting applications for admission to our M.A. and Ph.D. programs in Linguistics for the 2013-14 academic year. We offer three areas of specialization: Theoretical Linguistics (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics), Language Variation and Change (sociolinguistics, dialectology, language variation, language change), and Psycholinguistics (comprehension and production, language acquisition). Faculty in the department use a wide range of research methodologies both qualitative and quantitative, and students are encouraged to draw on as many as are relevant to their own projects.

All graduate students in our programs receive funding packages of no less than $15,000, plus tuition and fees, for one year in the M.A. program and four years in the Ph.D.

The deadline for applications is January 15, though later applications will be considered if space remains in the program.

For more information about our programs, please visit <http://linguistics.utoronto.ca<http://linguistics.utoronto.ca/>>, and click on the "Graduate" link. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to write to me.

Elizabeth Cowper
Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Department of Linguistics
University of Toronto