ASL frequency list

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 12 10:34:17 UTC 2013

Hoi,
Building a corpus requires a same format.. SignWriting allows for writing,
Wikipedia allows for writing about any subject. One of the long standing
agreements is that Wikipedia can be used by any scientist to do their work.
When you write in Wikipedia it does help spread knowledge in that language
it also helps building a corpus.

For your information, The Bangla Wikipedia is the largest resource of
modern Bangla and consequently seen as important by linguists also because
of its nature it is about any and all subjects.

This is intended as enthusing you to write Wikipedia articles in your sign
language. You can write stubs, you can write original articles, you can
translate articles from other languages. Doing this sharpens your writing
skills and it creates building blocks for a corpus, for a spell checker,
for a frequency list for a .... you know, the thing that is still missing
and you want so badly :)
Thanks,
     Gerard

PS I am pretty sure that together with Steve we CAN have a start for a
Wikipedia is other sign languages than American Sign Language.