First Call for Papers: AcMuC2013

Stina Ojala stiroj at UTU.FI
Wed Jan 30 07:31:32 UTC 2013

**Apologies for cross-posting**

1st International Accessibility and Multimodality in Communication
-symposium
A forum for discourse between academia and 3rd sector professionals

Symposium dates and venue: 30.–31.5. 2013, Turku, Finland
Website: http://tucs.fi/conferences/acmuc2013/

Submission deadline: 1st March, 2013
Notification of acceptance: 2nd April, 2013

Conversation and talking to each other are a clear example of human
activities that are above all interactive and social, which are
challenged by hearing and visual impairments.

Our symposium provides a forum for researchers from various fields, such
as human-computer interaction, computing, linguistics, phonetics,
interpreting, speech therapy, social science and medical professionals
with interested 3rd sector professionals, such as associations with
target group users to discuss various related issues together.

Symposium consists of keynote talks, workshops and poster sessions. We
invite papers relating to accessibility, multimodality and technological
aids in communication with a focus on sensory impairments and their
effect on communication.

Authors are invited to submit an abstract, up to 200 words, using
EasyChair by 1st March 2013.

We will inform the authors when EasyChair is accessible for submissions.

Feel free to spread the word.

Further information:
Website: http://tucs.fi/conferences/acmuc2013/
Stina Ojala, University of Turku, Finland, stina.ojala at utu.fi