FW: [SLLS] SIGN 7 Call for Papers

Ulrike Zeshan UZeshan at UCLAN.AC.UK
Wed Mar 12 08:08:27 UTC 2014

From: slls-list-bounces+uzeshan=uclan.ac.uk at slls.eu [mailto:slls-list-bounces+uzeshan=uclan.ac.uk at slls.eu] On Behalf Of sibajip
Sent: 11 March 2014 22:51
To: slls-list at slls.eu
Subject: [SLLS] SIGN 7 call for Papers

SIGN7 Call for Papers

We would like to invite abstract submissions for SIGN7, which will be held at Zhongzhou University, China, from 12th-15th October 2014. The deadline for abstract submissions is 10 May 2014.

As the seventh conference in our ground-breaking SIGN series, and the first to take place in China, this promises to be an exciting and well-attended event. We are interested in a wide range of topics including but not limited to topics in the linguistics of sign languages; topics in applied linguistics such as sign language teaching, literacy, or sign language interpreting; bilingual education; approaches to Deaf Culture; linguistic and cultural diversity of Deaf Communities. We welcome abstracts for any of these SIGN7 sessions:

Session 1: Sign language and sign linguistics
Session 2: Deaf culture and Deaf education
Session 3: Special session: Focus on East Asia (education, sign language, government, interpreting issues, empowerment and deaf community)

Slots for presentations in all sessions are 50 minutes (40 minutes presentation and 10 minutes questions/discussion). Submissions are welcomed in Chinese Sign Language, International Sign, written English or written Chinese. PRESENTATIONS MUST BE IN CHINESE SIGN LANGUAGE OR INTERNATIONAL SIGN. We ask that contributors submit no more than two abstracts per person as a single and/or joint author. Submission options are as follows:
a) Send a video submission of maximum five minutes in International Sign or Chinese Sign Language as an email attachment to sign7conference at uclan.ac.uk<mailto:sign7conference at uclan.ac.uk>. We can deal with all common video standards. If email attachment is not possible, please email us at sign7conference at uclan.ac.uk<mailto:sign7conference at uclan.ac.uk> to arrange alternatives (dropbox, wetransfer, etc), or post the video to the iSLanDS Institute:
International Institute for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies
Vernon Building
University of Central Lancashire
PRESTON PR1 2HE
United Kingdom
b) Send us a written abstract of 500 words maximum in English or Chinese to sign7conference at uclan.ac.uk<mailto:sign7conference at uclan.ac.uk> (email address will be active within the next few days).

Important deadlines:
Submission of abstracts: 10 May 2014
Notification of acceptance: 30 May 2014
Deadline for registration: 30 August 2014

There will be opportunities for participants to organise fringe meetings, hands-on workshops, training sessions, discussion groups, and similar associated activities, which will complement the academic programme. A separate process for these events will be announced at a later stage.
Details of fees and accommodation will be announced here and on the SIGN website soon. If you have any queries, please contact SIGN Conference Committee Administrator Simeon Hart at SHart1 at uclan.ac.uk<mailto:SHart1 at uclan.ac.uk>.

SIGN COMMITTEE
http://www.signconference.org/node/3

ACADEMIC COMMITTEE FOR SIGN7
Robert Adam, Gallaudet University, USA
Ceil Lucas, Gallaudet University, USA
Qunhu Gong, Fudan University, China
Sunil Sahasrabudhe, National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped, Mumbai, India
David Ni, University of Hamburg, Germany
Junhui Yang, University of Central Lancashire, UK
Fanling Meng, Zhongzhou University, China
Clark Denmark, University of Central Lancashire, UK
Gaurav Mathur, Gallaudet University, USA
Joseph Murray, Gallaudet University, USA
Lynn Y-S Hou, University of Texas, USA
Marianne Stumpf,  Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Kristin Snoddon, University of Alberta, Canada
Nick Palfreyman, International Institute for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies, University of Central Lancashire, UK
Connie de Vos, Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Annelies Kusters, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity, Goettingen, Germany
Ulrike Zeshan, International Institute for Sign Languages and Deaf Studies, University of Central Lancashire, UK
www.signconference.org<http://www.signconference.org>