[Slling-l] Japanese Journal for Sign Language Studies (Featured Articles: Sign Linguistics of African Sign Languages)

Soya MORI soya_mori at IDE.GO.JP
Wed Dec 9 04:26:36 UTC 2015

Dear All,

 I am Editor-in-Chief of Japanese Journal for Sign Language Studies,
which is the academic journal of Japanese Association of Sign Language
Studies.

  I am happy to announce that its latest issue was published on
December 1st. It is the special issue on African Sign Languagess and has
two Linguistic articles on African Sign Language as follows.

 1. Sanogo Yédê Adama and Nobutaka Kamei
  Promotion of Sign Language Research by the African Deaf Community:
  Cases in West and Central French-speaking Africa
  (written in Japanese language)

  2. Ritsuko Miyamoto and Soya Mori
  Is Kenyan Sign Language a Sister Language of ASL?
  An Analysis of Language Nativity through Comparison between KSL and
ASL
  (written in English language)

  And the issue also has the following original article.

  Eiji Taira
  Switching Language Structure during Mode-swithces
  - The Case Study of the Bilingual hearing Child K-
  (written in Japanese language)

 The issue has the following report, too.

 Ritsuko Miyamoto, Nami AKiyama and Nobutaka Kamei
 Management of the Sign Language Workshop at WOCAL8

 All the articles have English abstgract.

 If you are interested in the isse of the journal, please write to
JASLS's office with the following address.

 jaslinfo at jasl.jp

 Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Soya MORI
Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO
Development Studies Center
Senior Researcher
 & Professor (IDEAS)
MORI, Soya
3-2-2, Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi,261-8545
Chiba, Japan
E-mail: soya_mori at ide.go.jp
Fax: +81-43-299-9548
Twitter ID : Econ_Plus_Ling