[Slling-l] TISLR 12 information

Adam Schembri A.Schembri at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Mon Dec 14 06:17:19 UTC 2015

Hi everyone
This is just a reminder that the 12th International Conference on
Theoretical Issues in Sign Language Research (TISLR 12) is less than a
month away!

Please check out the welcome message in Auslan (with English subtitles) on
our website:
http://www.tislr12.org

REGISTRATION
Please make sure that you have paid your registration before you arrive,
as on-site registration will be more expensive.
http://www.tislr12.org/registration/

CONFERENCE LANGUAGES & INTERPRETATION
The official conference languages for TISLR 12 are English, Auslan and
ASL. Interpretation will be provided only between these three languages,
as well as live captioning into English.

WEATHER
Please remember that you are coming to the southern hemisphere summer, so
make sure you pack appropriate clothing. Although the January average
maximum temperate for Melbourne is 26 C (79 F), Melbourne weather is
notoriously variable, so do make sure that you also bring a light
jacket/jumper/sweater and umbrella as well as summer clothes. More
information is here:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/experience/living/climate

INFORMATION
More general information about Melbourne and Australia is here:
http://www.tislr12.org/general-information/

VENUE
Information about the TISLR 12 venue is here:
http://www.tislr12.org/venue/

POSTER PRINTING
We recommend that you print your poster on cloth, as this makes for easy
transportation to Australia.
If you opt to print your poster in Australia, Officeworks can do this. The
South Melbourne branch would be the closest physically to the
conference venue, but there is also another one in Elizabeth Street in the
city centre.

WORKSHOP
Information about our post-TISLR workshop can be found here:
http://www.tislr12.org/workshop/
Please note that the languages of this workshop will be Auslan/British
Sign Language/New Zealand Sign Language ONLY.
here will be no interpretation into spoken English or other sign
languages.

If you are coming to Melbourne for TISLR 12, we look forward to welcoming
you!

Happy holidays,
Adam Schembri
Chair, TISLR 12 Local Organising Committee

--

Assoc. Prof. Adam Schembri, PhD https://latrobe.academia.edu/AdamSchembri
Department of Languages & Linguistics  | La Trobe University | Melbourne