[Slling-l] FW: TISLR 12

Adam Schembri A.Schembri at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Tue Jul 21 22:23:39 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,
I’m resending these two TISLR 12-related messages in plain text format, as
Ronnie Wilbur has been in touch a number of times pointing out that the
SLLING-L digest messages do not appear to accept messages in HTML, and she
has thus not been able to read TISLR 12-related messages from me.
See message 1 below about the TISLR 12 program, and message 2 about 4
grants for PhD students and presenters from developing countries that will
cover registration costs, provided by La Trobe University.
I apologise if this has been an issue for other colleagues using the
SLLING-L digest format to receive SLLING-L mail (thanks to Ronnie for
letting me know!).
Cheers,
Adam
--

Assoc. Prof. Adam Schembri, PhD https://latrobe.academia.edu/AdamSchembri
Department of Languages & Linguistics  | La Trobe University | Melbourne

MESSAGE TWO
>Hello,
>
>Thanks to La Trobe University, the TISLR 12 Local Organising Committee is
>pleased to invite applications for four (4) travel grants to TISLR 12.
>These will be awarded to two (2) eligible PhD students and two (2)
>presenters from developing countries. Four
> awards of $455 each will be made, with recipients notified by late
>August. This award will mean that the early bird conference registration
>fee will be covered for these recipients.
>
>Eligible Ph.D. students must be students at the time TISLR 12 is held,
>and eligible presenters from developing countries must have had a
>signed/spoken paper or poster presentation accepted for TISLR 12.
>Eligible candidates for the award are asked to send
> a letter explaining why they believe that they are a good candidate for
>the award. The letter should also explain how they will benefit from
>attending the TISLR 12 conference. Applications should also include one
>letter of support from an academic colleague
> or (for students) from their Ph.D. supervisor/advisor. NO other
>application material will be required.
>
>Applications must be emailed by August 20 to tislr12melb at gmail.com.
>
>Thank you,
>Adam Schembri
>Chair, TISLR 12 Local Organising Committee
>

>--
>
>Assoc. Prof. Adam Schembri, PhD https://latrobe.academia.edu/AdamSchembri
>Department of Languages & Linguistics
> | La Trobe University | Melbourne (Bundoora) | Victoria |  3086 |
>Australia |Tel : +61
> 3 9479 2887 | Twitter: @AdamCSchembri

MESSAGE ONE