[Slling-l] Corpus sign language linguistics workshop in Birmingham, UK?

Adam Schembri a.schembri at BHAM.AC.UK
Tue Nov 1 16:39:15 UTC 2016

Hi everyone
The 9th International Corpus Linguistics Conference will be held at the
University of Birmingham 24-28th July 2017. The first day will be given
over to workshops, so I was considering organising a small one-day
workshop on corpus-based approaches to sign language linguistics. The week
before the conference, a corpus linguistics summer school will be held.
Thus, participants at the sign language linguistics workshop could attend
some, or all, of the preceding summer school or the following conference.
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/corpus/events/2017/cl2017/ind
ex.aspx
If you might be interested in submitting a 30 minute paper for
presentation, or organising a longer session for a
panel/discussion/hands-on workshop, please get in touch with me by
November 15, so I can gauge interest and put together a proposal. If the
workshop goes ahead, there will be a call for papers in before the end of
the year.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Adam