[Slling-l] Paradigms in sign languages?

Allen Gardner gardner at UNR.EDU
Mon Nov 28 22:38:50 UTC 2016

I don't have any examples or definitions to send you, but I am interested and I would be very grateful if you could send me any that you have.

Allen Gardner

-----Original Message-----
From: linguists interested in signed languages [mailto:SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU] On Behalf Of KIKUSAWA, R. (????)
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2016 10:53 AM
To: SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Subject: Paradigms in sign languages?

Dear SL Linguists,

My colleague and I are interested in investigating patterns of paradigm levelling in sign languages.  We have been looking for descriptions of grammatical paradigms in sign languages, and also, any description of historical change that occurred in lexical items that form such a paradigm.  If you are aware of such work, would you kindly refer us to it?  We are still in a beginning stage and any information that appears to be relevant would be appreciated.

Ritsuko Kikusawa
ritsuko at minpaku.ac.jp
National Museum of Ethnology, Japan
The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Japan