[Slling-l] Teaching Sign Languages as a first language

Vassilis Kourbetis kourbetis1 at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 6 06:02:30 UTC 2017

Hello from Greece,

This is Dr Vassilis Kourbetis and we need your valuable help.

We are conducting a European and an international Survey
https://goo.gl/forms/po4XVJ0H9sCzoseR2 about the status of teaching Sign
Languages as a first language. Please see details about the Survey further
in this message.

Twenty six (26) countries have responded, so far, but we need more data
from as many countries as possible.

We have data from: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Belgium (Flanders),
Brazil, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland,
Ireland, Italy, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Slovenia, Spain,
Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, the UK and the USA.

We thank all that have participated so far.

Could you be part of this Survey and spread the word?

Best regards,

Vassili

Here is more information about the Survey:

Since last December the Greek Institute of Educational Policy, the
Dutch Sign Centre, the European University of Cyprus, the Interkantonale
Hochschule für Heilpädagogik Zürich the Special Elementary School for the
Deaf of Likovrisi-Pefki, in Greece,  the Special Nursery School for the
Deaf of Argiroupolis in Greece and Habilis participate in an international
project in the framework of ERASMUS + called: “SIGN FIRST”.

One of our aims is to survey the best practices with regard to
teaching Sign Language as a first language. The objectives of the survey
are to develop a common knowledge and understanding of the situation on a
European and international level.

This survey is about the status of teaching European and other
national sign languages as a first language to Deaf children in the world:
the role in (special) education, higher education and the status
of sign language materials, such as specific curricula, dictionaries and
other (multimedia) teaching materials.

Please be part of the Survey!  https://goo.gl/forms/po4XVJ0H9sCzoseR2

This survey will take about 15 to 20 minutes of your valuable time.

Please, if you can, could you forward this request to anyone in your
country or any other country that you think that may want to be part of the
survey.

Thank you for your participation.

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Vassilis Kourbetis, Ph.D.

Counsellor A,

Coordinator of Special Education Unit

Institute of Educational Policy,

36 Tsoha St.GR-115 21 Athens,Greece

Τel.: (+30)213 1335301

Mobile: (+30) 6936121784

Work E-mail:      *vk at iep.edu.gr <vk at iep.edu.gr>*

Personal E-mail:  *kourbetis1 at gmail.com <kourbetis1 at gmail.com>*

skype:  vassilis.kourbetis

*Vassilis Kourbetis,Ph.D. *

*Counsellor A, *Institute of Educational Policy

36 Tsoha St., GR-115 21 Athens, Greece

*Κινητό**, **Mobile* (+30) 6936 12 17 84

http://www.prosvasimo.gr/

*E-mail:    *vk at iep.edu.gr*              (Work)* kourbetis1 at gmail.com
*(Personal)*