[Slling-l] Society for Linguistic Anthropology spring meeting cfp

Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU
Thu Dec 5 20:06:38 UTC 2019

 Hello all!
Anne Pfister and I are thinking of organizing a panel for the Society of
Linguistic Anthropology in Spring 2020
<http://linguisticanthropology.org/blog/2019/10/04/call-papers-sla-2020-spring-conference/>
 -  We'd like to gauge interest in a panel focusing on social justice
issues related to sign languages. We have not yet written a panel abstract
because we'd like to create one that reflects the issues raised by
panelists. If any of you are interested, please reach out to one of us (
erhoffma at oberlin.edu or apfister10 at gmail.com). You don't have to be a
member of the Society for Linguistic Anthropology to submit an abstract and
the sub-discipline welcomes interdisciplinary perspectives/conversations.
The deadline for submitting abstracts/panels is December 16, so we'll have
to move pretty quickly!
All best,
Erika

--
Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway, she/her/hers
Associate Professor and Chair

Honorable mention, Edward Sapir Book Prize in Linguistic Anthropology
http://gupress.gallaudet.edu/bookpage/SABINbookpage.html