Call for papers; Reminder for nominations; Request for volunteers

Ivy Doak ivy at IVYDOAK.COM
Tue Feb 5 21:08:41 UTC 2013

Dear SSILA Member:

SSILA will hold its summer meeting at the University of Michigan, July
12 -14, 2013, in Ann Arbor in conjunction with the LSA Summer Institute
(lsa2013.lsa.umich.edu <http://lsa2013.lsa.umich.edu/>).  Attached are
the Call for Papers and the Abstract Submission Instructions for using
EasyChair.  This information is also posted on our website
(www.ssila.org).  The deadline for abstract submissions is April 1, 2013.

Nominations for the Hale Prize and the Golla Prize and submissions for
the Haas Award are due by May 1.   Descriptions of these awards and
instructions on nominations are available at the SSILA website.

SSILA is currently requesting volunteers for the position of Editor and
for a Reader pool:

    * The Editor position is a three-year appointment.  A brief
      description of the position is included in our bylaws, also
      available at the website.
    * The Reader pool will consist of SSILA members willing to read and
      evaluate abstracts submitted for our conferences and report back
      to the Program Committee.

If you are interested in serving as Editor or as a Reader, please send
your name, a brief statement of interest, and your contact information
to me at ssila2 at gmail.com.

Best,

Ivy

--