SSILA Annual Meeting information

Ivy Doak ivy at IVYDOAK.COM
Thu Jan 2 01:24:55 UTC 2014

Dear SSILA Member:

Here is some news about events at the SSILA Annual Meeting in Minneapolis:

*Wi-fi available for presenters:*
If you are presenting a paper at the Annual Meeting, you will have
access to a special wi-fi connection.  The network is "PSAV Event
Solutions" and the password will be provided on the podium in each
meeting room.  If you use the connection during your presentation,
please disconnect from the PSAV Event Solutions network once you are
finished with your presentation.  We are paying for a limited number of
connections and want to make sure that as many as possible are kept free.

*Meet and Greet Reception:*
The American Name Society is hosting this year's Meet and Greet
reception on Thursday evening.  Please see the attached flyer for
information on time and location.

*Business Meeting:*
Our Business Meeting will be held on Saturday, January 4, at 4:00 pm in
the Red Wing meeting room.  This meeting is open to all SSILA members
and anyone interested in the society.  Please plan on attending!

*The Weather:*
LSA's David Robinson reminds us that Minneapolis is very cold, but
accessible:
> The forecast high is ... 8 on Thursday.  After that, it's more
> seasonal, with highs in the 20s.  And remember that you can get almost
> anywhere in downtown Minneapolis using the 52 miles of the Skyway
> (enclosed pedestrian bridges) system.

See you soon!

Ivy