[SSILA] The new ssila.org and a new member benefit from IJAL

Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas ssila at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 11 16:02:51 UTC 2014

Dear SSILA Member:

*From the Vice President:*

Iʼm elated the new SSILA website is now active. It will reinvigorate
communications among SSILA members. Under the guidance of Victor Golla, we
first kept in touch between meetings by means of paper Bulletins,
Newsletters and Membership Lists mailed to each of us. As the internet
developed, we started receiving SSILA news by email.  Then the original
SSILA website came to life; my thanks to Bill Poser for managing it.  Now
we have a redesigned site with many interactive features; thank you Danny
Hieber and Ivy Doak for making this happen. Everyone, please, send your
thoughts and news to the news editors <http://www.ssila.org/contact-ssila/> to
share with the rest of the members.
See you in Portland, January 2015,
Alice Taff
SSILA VP

*New SSILA Member Benefit:  Add-on IJAL at 50% off*
SSILA is excited to announce a new partnership with the University of
Chicago Press to offer active members a valuable new benefit!

The International Journal of American Linguistics will now be offered as a
membership add-on item. Starting with the 2015 membership year, a deeply
discounted IJAL subscription is $36 plus applicable shipping and taxes*
[regularly $71]. That’s only $56 a year for SSILA + IJAL!

Members can opt-in to receive IJAL in standard print + electronic format
alongside membership, including access to 80 volumes of content since 1917.

Join or renew your SSILA membership online at www.ssila.org. Options
include a 1-year term or a recurring subscription plus membership option.
Place your IJAL order when you renew, and SSILA will manage the details of
your subscription. You can then renew annually along with your membership!

SSILA and IJAL have long operated side-by-side, and we are delighted to
strengthen our relationship in this way. If you have any questions
regarding SSILA membership subscriptions, please contact IJAL’s Publisher,
Jenny Ringblom at ringblom at uchicago.edu.

*IJAL Shipping and Taxes. Shipping to all international destinations
including Canada is an additional $11. GST will also be charged to all
orders shipped to Canada, and a 7% sales tax will be charged to all orders
shipped to Indiana.

*Registration with ssila.org <http://ssila.org/>*
If your dues are current through 2014, you may have recently been sent a
registration link to complete your registration at ssila.org and renew your
membership for 2015.  If you did not receive the link, please go here
<http://www.ssila.org/members/join-or-renew/>
http://www.ssila.org/members/join-or-renew/ to register with the new SSILA
website and pay dues for 2015. Simply add the options you’d like to your
cart, and then click the Checkout with PayPal at the bottom of your
shopping cart on the right.  You do not have to have a PayPal account to
register; you can use most credit cards.

*Features of the new ssila.org <http://ssila.org/>*
The new website has a number of great features for members:

   - automatic renewal notifications when your membership or IJAL
   membership is expiring
   - option to *purchase a recurring membership*
   <http://www.ssila.org/members/join-or-renew/> or IJAL subscription
   instead of 1 year at a time
   - ability to *renew your membership*
   <http://www.ssila.org/members/join-or-renew/> or *donate*
   <http://www.ssila.org/members/join-or-renew/> through the website
   - *SSILA blog* <http://www.ssila.org/> with important news for members,
   conference calls and programs, job postings, and more
   - ability to *subscribe to SSILA news via RSS or email*
   <http://www.ssila.org/subscribe/>
   - a fun *map of languages being presented*
   <https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zEDHDqVS8Joo.k8sX5ABd6bbg> at
   this year's winter meeting featured on the main page
   - dedicated *pages for each of our of meetings*
   <http://www.ssila.org/meetings/>, with *programs*
   <http://www.ssila.org/meetings/ssila-2015/> and, in the future, digital
   copies of handouts, presentations, and posters as well
   - members-only areas including a *member directory*
   <http://www.ssila.org/members/member-directory/> and (forthcoming) *member
   exchange* <http://www.ssila.org/members/member-exchange/>
   - a *publications page* <http://www.ssila.org/publications/> with plans
   to include the archive of SSILA Newsletters

Ivy Doak, SSILA Executive Secretary
ssila2 at gmail.com
www.ssila.org