A question

Thu Aug 1 14:34:55 UTC 2002

>Usually, the reaction to SW that I encounter is one of total
>ignorance. The next most common reaction is that it is Val's baby;
>no one ever talks of the DAC, for example. Food for thought? Dan.

SignWriting List
August 1, 2002

I hope this message gets through to the List. I am sorry that all
these double messages are being posted. I hope Paul Cowley helps us
soon!

Regarding the DAC, although the DAC was historically important, and
may re-group again and be very important in the future, the important
point is that Cecilia Flood and a growing group of teachers in the
Albuquerque Public Schools are using SignWriting daily with their
Deaf students. A new teacher just called me yesterday and wants to
use it officially in her classroom...they have heard of the success
in Albuquerque and want to try it...

I don't want SignWriting to be my baby...It is time for it to grow up
and leave home!! I hope the children who use SignWriting on a daily
basis (and there are hundreds if not thousands), will carry it with
them into their adulthood -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org