Dedicated Virtual Server for SW sites

Sat Jun 1 03:58:09 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 31, 2002

Dear SW List Members:

Regarding our web sites....

SignWriting.org
SignBank.org
DanceWriting.org
MovementWriting.org

Recently we started running out of memory on our web server,
DeafVision. Because we hope to publish SignBank as a web-database
someday, I know we will need more memory in the future. So I have
decided to make the big leap and upgrade our sites at DeafVision to a
new kind of account, called a Dedicated Virtual Server (DVS). The
National Association of the Deaf in the US (the NAD) has their web
site on DeafVision, and they are also upgrading...Nice to be in such
good company! So it is possible that this weekend, we might
experience some glitches in web service...they are moving all of our
sites to a dedicated server, including my email...I understand the
DeafVision technicians will be working all night tonight, so that the
change takes place June 1st.

Once all our sites are moved to the new Server, we should have plenty
of memory and I will try once again to post the complete beta test
version of SignBank...