SignBank Technical Support ;-)

Mon May 6 15:52:50 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 6, 2002

Dear SW List, and Flavio in Japan:
I sent your questions about the Japanese version of SignBank, to our
programmer, and I have just received this reply, which is something
in general, that apparently Windows users have to do, when
downloading copies of SignBank:

Todd wrote:
>Windows Users: The files may be set to READ-ONLY in
>the Properties window after you download them from the
>web site. Before you will be able to use the
>application, select all the files in the folder, then
>right-click one of the selected files. Select
>Properties, uncheck Read-Only and Archive, then click
>Apply. You will now be able to use the application.

Val's comment: Apparently FileMaker "locks" the files (so they are
not damaged when you de-compress them)...so the above instructions
are required to unlock the files so you can use them. So try doing
this, Flavio, and maybe you will be able to open SignBank...I hope so!

And please tell us what happens - Many thanks!

Val ;-)

PS. I hate this "unlocking" issue, and I plan to discuss at length
with our programmer how to solve the problem for the future...