SignWriting in Iowa & North Dakota ;-)

Mon May 6 16:58:17 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 6, 2002

>Stuart in Iowa wrote: While I'm "on the line", let me give a little
>update on our situation here. I will be starting our first community
>SW workshop this Thursday night for 4 consecutive Thursdays.  I have
>several in the community who have become very interested in SW.  So
>that is very cool!  I am also hoping that there will be people from
>Des Moines Public Schools who will also investigate it. There is
>some interest there.  So, that will be good.  I am planning also to
>go to SIL in North Dakota this summer and am looking forward to what
>I will learn there.

Wonderful, Stuart! That is indeed cool! And when you go to North
Dakota, you will meet Steve and Dianne Parkhurst, the authors of the
textbook SignoEscritura, from Madrid. Steve will be presenting, among
other things, a comparison of some different notation systems, and
SignWriting will be among them...Be sure to ask him to show you his
140 page mystery novel written in SignWriting in Spanish Sign
Language!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWritingSite:
http://www.SignWriting.org