SignWriting Report, May 10, 2002

Fri May 10 20:48:50 UTC 2002

May 10, 2002

Dear SW List Members:
I hope you all are doing well...

Tony McCloskey in Northern Ireland: I shipped your box of SignWriting
books to the University of Ulster, Magee College, yesterday, May
9th...sent to Professor McGinnity...

SignBank Beta Testers: Our programmer came today with important
improvements. I will be testing SignBank this weekend. I hope to post
a new beta test version on Monday.

About SignBank Installer: We have received installation software from
InstallShield and VISE...Our programmer hopes to have the auto
install feature ready by the end of May.

New SignWriting Lessons Database in FileMaker: One feature of
SignBank is a "Lessons Database". At the moment, the lessons are only
related to SignBank. But I asked Todd to expand its capabilities, so
we can add complete textbooks, such as Lessons In SignWriting into
the database. In time, every textbook in SignWriting could be stored
on the web or downloaded, all accessible in FileMaker. And a Runtime
version can be created so that it will not be necessary to own
FileMaker to access the Lessons Online.

So I am working "behind the scenes" with a busy weekend ahead of me -

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Many blessings -

___________________________

Valerie Sutton