QUESTION: Dictionary Files

Wed May 15 17:21:47 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 15, 2002

>Andy Uehara wrote: I would also like to use your dictionary files, I
>tried openning them up, but I don't know what format they are stored
>in. Rather then reinputting all the signs I would like to use the
>stuff you guys have worked so hard on. Is there someway to do this?
>Could you explain to me the format and the layout of your files?

Hello Andy -
Thanks for this question. The files that end in .DIC and .DIN are
dictionary files prepared with SignWriter DOS 4.4. You can only
access them, if you can open SignWriter on your computer... They are
wonderful dictionaries within the SignWriter DOS environment -

The reason I am developing SignBank 2002 is to bring those
dictionaries into a Windows and Macintosh environment, and we are
very close...as you know I hope to release SignBank 2002 in
September...

___________________________

Valerie Sutton
Sutton at SignWriting.org