Brazilian CD ROM with SignWriting...

Sun May 19 23:17:00 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 19, 2002

Fernando in Brazil wrote:
>After publishing our Libras Dictionary (packed with SW), we are
>preparing a series of 16
>books for teaching Libras, which shall be published on November,
>plus a CD ROM (the
>digital encyclopedia of Libras) that permits retrieving signs by
>simply clicking on
>cheremes and allochers (graphic interface), thus dispensing with the
>need for alphabetic
>Portuguese mediation.

Hello Fernando!
How nice to hear from you again -It sounds like your project is
progressing well...congratulations with that...you accomplish so much!

I am really interested in your retrieval of signs by "clicking on
cheremes and allochers (graphic interface)".....This is basically a
"sign-symbol-sequence", isn't it? .. Will people be able to find
signs by SignWriting symbols on the CD-ROM? ....how exciting ;-))