Bluefields

Sun May 19 15:30:52 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 19, 2002

James Shepard-Kegl wrote:
>Random House has sent us the authorization for including the Headless
>Horseman in our next collection of reading lessons, so I don't think they
>would mind your including a demo page on your website....

Wow! This is terrific news, James. Thank you for sending me your
written SignWriting literature. I keep a library of your printed
works in my office (in my home). And as soon as SignBank is up and
running, I look forward to catching up with other work. One of those
projects will be to update my very out-of-date web sites. So at that
time, I will be happy and honored to include an excerpt from your
Headless Horseman in Nicaraguan Sign Language. Congratulations!

By the way, do you or Judy own FileMaker Pro 5.0 or later? for either
Mac or Windows? Judy might have it at her lab at the University of
Southern Maine? It will be worth it for you to own FileMaker, since
SignBank runs in it. Take a look at this attached GIF. I am preparing
a "Lessons Online Database" in FileMaker that will include a whole
database of written SignWriting literature. We could include examples
of your Nicaraguan documents someday, and you could create your own
special database just for Nicaraguan literature: