SignBank 2002 Beta Test May 1, 2002

Flavio Medina flaviomedina at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 5 13:28:45 UTC 2002

Hello all.

I am trying to install SignBank here in my computer in
Japan, but I am finding some problems. In the first
place, when trying to install the trial version of
FileMaker. It is necessary to download a Japanese
trial version instead of an English one - otherwise a
msg "wrong operational system" is displayed and the
installation is interrupted.

So I installed a Japanese version of FileMaker. But
what happens then, when I try to open
SignBankPortal.fp5 (or any other file), is that after
typing the password, a msg "unable to read from drive
where the files are placed" is displayed, and I cannot
continue the procedure. Either the problem is
happening because it is a trial version of FileMaker,
or because it's a Japanese version.

So, Mark Penner, did you try installing it there, down
in Tokyo? With a Japanese full version? Or did anyone
else try bet-testing SignBank with a (English) trial
version of FileMaker? BTW, did anyone actualy try
testing it at all? I am eager to see everyone's
comments.

Another comment is that, even though the SignBank
itself is available in zip format, the help and
archieve files are not. I did download the software
Bill indicated (@
http://www.stuffit.com/expander/index.html) which is
working for now - and the next 30 days... So I managed
to put everything in my computer, but still SignBank
is not working... :(

Any ideas?

Flavio