New Posting: SignSpelling Guidelines in PDF

Mon Nov 4 05:32:29 UTC 2002

>I really like these syllabels,
>Ingvild

SignWriting List
November 3, 2002

That's good to know, Ingvild. Here is a 14 page document summarizing it:

Download:

Sutton's SignSpelling Guidelines 2002
http://www.SignBank.org/help/SignSpellingGuidelines.pdf
14 pages in PDF Format, 184 KB

For Editors Creating Dictionaries in SignBank
This document teaches how to "spell" signs in SignWriting. Which SignWriting symbol comes first? Which comes second? Sutton teaches the stucture of SignWriting Syllables, including spelling with facial expressions, and using pronunication guides called "Location Markers" (thanks to Bill Reese for the term "pronunciation guides"...see page 13 of this document, Bill ;-)

And Ingvild, please keep me informed as to how your spelling experiences go - I am interested....