Sign Search Software

Tue Oct 22 15:15:16 UTC 2002

Michael Golebiewski wrote:
>It appears that the SignBank software, I have not used it forĀ a lack of File Maker, presents a dictionary of signs a user can browse in a hierarchal fashion. The difference in what I am considering is an interface where the user can search based on any criteria of the sign they draw.

SignWriting List
October 22, 2002

Hello Michael!
Welcome to the SignWriting List. And thanks for your questions. There are several software developers using SignWriting. There are quite a number of experts for you to talk to...I just tried to make a short list of programs I know about (see below)...this is far from complete....If others know of other software using SignWriting, please tell us!  I will write again with my response regarding SignBank and SignWriter shortly...Val ;-)

1. SW TEXT EDITORS:
SignWriter 4.4 in DOS
SignWriter 5.0 in Java (under development)

2. SW DATABASE EDITORS:
SignBank 2002
SignDic (Brazil)

3. SW GRAPHICS EDITORS:
SignEd (Brazil)
SignTalk (Brazil)
SignSym (Brazil)
SignMaker (Brazil)
TegnBank (Denmark)
ASLLA by Andy Vehara

4. OTHER SW DEVELOPMENTS:
SW TrueType Fonts
SWML (SignWriting Markup Language)
SW in Unicode (SW Universal Character Set)
Linguistic programs - Dan Parvaz? smile...please tell us more Dan!

Plus others - I hope others will inform us of the others...and correct the categories too....