Guyana Deaf

Tue Oct 22 19:39:10 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
October 21, 2002

From: Plhallahan at aol.com
Subject: Guyana Deaf

I am going to the country of Guyana, South America very soon for an extended stay. I want begin to get the Deaf out of the institutions they are in. I will be using ASL since some of the teachers in the country know ASL already.  I know that there are many Deaf who are put in Mentally Handicapped institutions in the country. Our goal is to see if we can standardize the Deaf language so that all the Deaf will be able to communicate through the whole country.

I have downloaded some of the software about Sign Writing and am interested in how it may help me to reach and teach the Deaf.

Pastor Larry Hallahan
Plhallahan at aol.com