questionnaire

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Mon Sep 16 08:52:59 UTC 2002

Do I remeber correctly - you asked about how and why we use SW in our
classes?

I do not use it in classes now, as I am not teaching. But I used to teach,
and used SW then, back in the late 80s and early 90s. I tougt in high
school, and was also one of the persons to make the first curriculum of
Sign Language in the Norwegian school system. The official curriculum
included a knowledge of SW. As I tought maths and science, we used SW to
record signs, and to make the classes bilingual in Norwegian and NSL.

SW is not widely used in Norway at the moment, but an old version isin use
in the teaching of parents and children, and I am hopeful that the actual
modern version of SW willl soon be used in schools as well.

Ingvild, Norway

girodmarc at vtx.ch skriver: