Colombian Sign for CREATE

Thu Apr 3 19:16:39 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
April 3, 2003

Dear List Members, and Hector in Colombia!
Thank you for your excellent writing, Hector. I am so impressed with
your skill! The American sign is both MAKE and CREATE. And the version
you are trying to write also exists in ASL, as well as Colombian Sign
Language. Because it is such a hard sign to write, we left that version
out of the old ASL dictionary. But here is the way I personally would
write it....I would choose the front view of the shoulders, not the
overhead view. But there is nothing wrong with using the overhead view
as you have done. If I were to choose one of your versions, I would
choose variation 1. My writing is under yours, in the attached diagram: