diagonal planes

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 1 16:23:43 UTC 2003

Hi Valerie,

Am I correct in writing a line down the center of the palm (fingertip to wrist) to show diagonal orientation (like for boat).  I'm really not sure how to show it otherwise. One's palm is face up sticking away from the body but at a diagonal slant, so you need both a gap for the fingers and a line down the center to show diagonal orientation.  Is this correct?

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
July 31, 2003

DIAGONAL PLANES continued...
After testing these symbols, there is no question that a dot on the
Horizon Line is required, when the fingertips of the hand point towards
the reader (towards the chest of the signer in EXPRESSIVE)... otherwise
there can be confusion...so the plain horizontal line always means
"towards the back wall of the room"....(forward in EXPRESSIVE)...