Sign Language Studies Article and Nicole in Brazil...

Mon Aug 4 13:45:59 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 4, 2003

Dear SW List and Fernando!
Thank you for trying to reach Nicole...That is very nice of you...As
you said, Brazil is a very big country and I can well imagine there are
several Deaf children named Nicole in the country!...smile...but in
time I bet we will hear from one of her teachers.... ;-)

Meanwhile, I am really looking forward to seeing a copy of your article
in Sign Language Studies....as far as I know, this is the first time
that SignWriting has had any mention in Sign Language Studies...I will
be calling their office today to subscribe to the journal...

For those already subscribed, look for the newest issue, which focuses
on different Sign Language dictionary projects...and Fernando's article
is an excellent addition to the group of projects mentioned there...

For those who have never heard of the Sign Language Studies
journal...Dr. William Stokoe, the pioneer from Gallaudet University
who, through his research, proved that Sign Languages are true
languages...Dr Stokoe founded the Sign Language Studies Journal, and it
has become one of the best journals on Sign Language research in the
world...So it is nice for all of us, to have SignWriting mentioned
there....

I hope the article helps the University of Sao Paulo to receive
recognition for their contribution too!