French translation of SW Lessons part 1-14

Sat Aug 9 16:11:36 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 9, 2003

Dear SW List and Anne-Claude!
I am posting this message to the List, since it may be useful
information for others too...Anne-Claude started to translate our
Lessons in SignWriting Textbook into French! Thank you, Anne-Claude!
See Anne-Claude's message below...

Anne-Claude - I received your translation from English to French, of
the first chapter, and I opened the text document in MicroSoft Word
with no trouble...Thank you! For now we could offer a French
translation with the diagrams remaining in ASL, and then later perhaps
we could update it, with Swiss-French signs in the diagrams...

You are correct that the Lessons web pages are VERY slow to access on
the web, especially on older computers because of the heavy graphics:

Lessons Pages on Web
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons/lessonsw2002

I am solving this problem with a new Lessons Database which will be
faster, but it is not ready yet...

Meanwhile....

There is a faster alternative RIGHT NOW....You can download PDF files
on the web:

Download Several textbooks on SignWriting
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads/SignBankHelp.zip

The Lessons in SignWriting textbook is one of several textbooks in that
zipped file, which you can then open and print in Acrobat Reader on
your computer...that should be faster for you...

Val ;-)