e-mail viruses

Wed Aug 20 12:48:54 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 20, 2003

Dear SW List, and Jerry...
Thank you for informing us, Jerry...It certainly is not your
fault...The internet is both a wonderful and strange place. And there
is no way for an individual like yourself to be completely protected,
especially when you have web sites, as you do.

I remember when I first got a cable modem (broadband), I was really
shocked to find out that I would need a firewall to protect my cable
modem from being used by other people to send out their spam...So we
all live behind our firewalls....;-)

In my case, I have special software that can block unwanted email
addresses, such as spam.... So the email address you mention:

> swp at cyberjer.com

can be placed in that blocker...That way I never open any messages from
that email address...

If others are interested in knowing more about this, write to the List
and we can briefly discuss it...before we go on to writing Lessons for
signs in Flemish Sign Language, and writing mouth movements ....;-)

Val ;-)