AW: Flat Hand - In-Between Palm Facings...

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Wed Dec 24 10:11:04 UTC 2003

Hi Val,

exactly! ;-)

Stefan;-)

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]Im Auftrag von
Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2003 21:24
An: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
Betreff: Flat Hand - In-Between Palm Facings...

SignWriting List
December 23, 2003

Dear SW List Members:
Earlier this year we had a discussion on "how to write the sign for
HOUSE in Norwegian and Finnish Sign Languages...I do not know those
signs, but I believe that the flat hands are projecting forward,
touching at an in-between angle, marking the shape of a roof...it is a
little like the American sign, but not quite, because the American sign
is touching at the fingertips up, but the Finnish and Norwegian signs
are touching at the sides of the hand, and the fingertips themselves
are pointing forward....Well...guess what?! Stefan seems to have
written that same position for his sign for Christmas, or Christmas
tree? Is that right, Stefan? Here is what I mean...Stefan used the
established symbols we have for "in-between palm facing".... That is
number 9 in the attached diagram....to be continued next message...