Flat Hand - In-Between Palm Facings...

Sat Dec 27 16:51:49 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
December 27, 2003

Dear SW List members and Charles -
Thank you for your diagrams, Charles...It is an interesting way that
you are applying those symbols...I will try to enter them into SignBank
for Research Use if I can. They are not exactly the same as the old 3-D
symbols that you are basing them on, but I want to thank you for your
efforts in trying to find something based on something that is already
in the system...

In the original 3-D symbols, the circles represent the overhead view of
the head (DanceWriting). We can see the depth of the arms in relation
to the center of the shoulders, or the depth of the legs in relation to
the center of the hips...but the 3-D symbols are rarely used...so
essentially you have made smaller ones, that relate to the center of
the hands instead of the hips and shoulders...

And for the same reason, I thought of using another old symbol, which I
personally like. I am not sure if people really understand what I mean,
without good diagrams, so maybe I can work on that soon...

I am writing a Year-End Report and will be posting it to the List
shortly -

Thanks once again, Charles, Ingvild and Stefan, for all your input!

Val ;-)