Japanese Sign-Symbol-Sequence ;-)

Wed Feb 5 15:50:04 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
February 5, 2003

Mark Penner wrote:
> I downloaded it, thank you. It is most helpful. I would like to
> translate it
> into Japanese. Is there a way to do that from a PDF file?

Hello SW List members, and Mark!
Hmmm. Yes. If each Japanese translation was a tiny little graphic file,
like a small GIF, I believe you can paste graphics into a PDF document,
if you own the full Acrobat 5.0 program. But it takes some skill, since
PDF files are not generally made to be changed...so I would suggest
that you type the Japanese translations on a separate piece of paper
and number each item as a referral method. Keep the PDF in English. The
students can place your Japanese translation side by side with the
English version and compare and learn that way.

Mark, did you know that the Sign-Symbol-Sequence is also inside
SignBank, in the Lessons Database? See the attached: