Parking on a Hill

Sat Feb 22 02:14:47 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
February 21, 2003

Dear Siv, Penny, Mark and Everyone -

Thank you, Siv, for sharing this report with us. I am really amazed at
the amount of projects you are doing, and so many include
SignWriting...and on CD too ...It appears that everyone is starting to
publish on CD...Thank you for doing such an excellent job. I think of
you often - and guess what? Patrick Matthews, the Deaf teacher from
Ireland who visited me at the same time you did last summer...Patrick
just sent me a wonderful package of materials that use SignWriting in
Ireland - So it seems you both have been very busy...;-)

Remember how I gave you SignWriter 5.0 on the Mac, so you can convert
your signs to better-looking graphics? Well I have an improved version
of SignWriter 5.0 in Mac OS X now, so when you are ready to enter signs
into SignBank, I would suggest that you type your signs in SignWriter
DOS, and then using one of GS-Media's Macintoshes, open SignWriter 5.0
and convert your DOS files to SignWriter 5.0. All of your DOS
SignWriting symbols will look beautiful, and you can from there do
different kinds of high res graphics with them...I can send you the
updated SignWriter 5.0 as soon as I know you have a Mac OS X computer
to work on...

And Mark...you know the symbols in SignBank and SymbolBank? Remember
you said they look better than SignWriter DOS symbols? Those symbols
are actually SignWriter 5.0 symbols which I typed in SignWriter and
then copied them into SymbolBank...so as soon as SignWriter 5.0 is
funded, all of your DOS files can be automatically converted to the
better looking symbols. It can be done right now, on Mac OS X, so if
there is a programmer out there who is interested in programming in
Java, on Mac OS X, write to me and let's talk!

Val ;-)