sign languages in email?

dac dac at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Mon Jan 20 22:55:24 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
January 20, 2003

someone asked...

On January 20, 2003, Wayne Smith wrote:
>  An .sgn file is one created using the SignWriting program available
> for download at the www.SignWriting.org site.  Current version is
> 4.4.  Any files created by that program could be sent as an attachment
> to an e-mail, and in this way it is possible to do e-mail in
> SignWriting.
>
>      - Wayne Smith

-------------------

Val wrote today:
Thanks Wayne, for bringing this up...Good explanation ;-)

Yes...a .SGN file is a typed document in SignWriting, typed with the
SignWriter 4.4. computer program, so people type their email in
SignWriter, and then attach the SGN file to an email message. Or you
can create a GIF or a JPEG or a PNG, and attach it to email.

You can download our free software on the web:

SignWriter DOS 4.4
http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/sw44/download

SignBank 2002
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads

If you need technical help, ask your questions to the List -