[Fwd: Fwd:Fw: re- URGENT -VIRUS WARNING -ACT NOW]

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Mon Jan 27 12:11:20 UTC 2003

This is a hoax.  Do not forward this email.  Tell the people who sent it
to you that it's a hoax and ask them to send that notice back up the
pipeline so others can stop their spreading of this hoax.  That file the
email asks you to delete is a valid Windows file.  Microsoft has a
response to the hoax here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322993

I have never seen an email that says to delete files like this that has
not been a hoax.  Please research whenever you receive a notice like
this.  You could cause harm and unnecessary work for some people by
perpetuating the hoax.  It took me less than a minute to find the link
describing this as a hoax.  The minute you spend doing the same, can
save someone else an hour of work recovering from their mistake, if they
had followed through and deleted that file.  One bright note: the file
is used by Java programmers.  They will be sauvy enough to instantly
recognize this as a hoax and not follow through.

Bill