New Copy-Paste Feature in SignBank....

Thu Jan 30 23:56:46 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
January 30, 2003

Thanks, Bill! I know...I found this out too, after I posted it. It was
not SignBank that created the Tiff format...it was my email software.
So the email idea is not yet solved. Meanwhile, the new feature in
SignBank is wonderful (forgetting email software ). We can now copy any
graphic in the SignBank Portal to the clipboard, and then paste it into
any text or graphics editor - very nice - just doesn't solve email,
though...There will be a day when we type SignWriting directly in email
- it just isn't today...  Val ;-)

----------------------------

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 02:38 PM, Bill Reese wrote:

> Val,
> I am using the email client of Netscape 7.01.  The symbols did not
> appear in the email.  They showed as attachments.  I right clicked on
> them and picked "View".  A netscape window opened and an alert popped
> up
> that said I needed to download a Quicktime plug-in to view the file.  I
> did and I could then view the graphic in the Netcape window.  I closed
> and reopened Netscape and viewed the email again and still the graphics
> did not appear within the email.  The files are in TIFF format.
>
> Bill
>

> Valerie Sutton wrote:
>
>> SignWriting List
>> January 30, 2003
>>
>> Dear SW List Members...
>> We are testing SignBank. We now have a new feature and I am testing
>> it...
>>
>> Can you read this SignWriting symbol?
>>

>> Can you read this sign?
>>

>> I did not "attach" these diagrams. I did not prepare them specially in
>> Photoshop. I clicked on the sign inside SignBank. Then I opened an
>> email message and placed my cursor in the message area. Then I said
>> "paste"...the diagrams pasted into the email message.
>>
>> If you can read these diagrams in your email message, I will post the
>> new version of SignBank, so that you can all use this new SignBank
>> feature...Placing SignWriting inside an email message is becoming
>> faster...I am curious to see what appears on your computer screens....
>>
>> Val ;-)

Sutton at SignWriting.org

Sign Languages
are written languages!