Inspiring Week for SignWriting programming...

Thu Jul 3 22:24:34 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 3, 2003

Dear SW List Members!
This week has been very inspiring for me. Dr. Antonio Carlos da Rocha
Costa, from Pelotas, Brazil, arrived with his wife Graçaliz, on
Monday...On Tuesday we had an important meeting with three programmers.
Some pivotal decisions and developments were shared and planned, and I
plan to share every detail with all of you. I will take it slowly
however, since there is so much to think through and it has to be
explained properly...Thank you, Antonio Carlos, for taking the long
trip to meet with us...and for your remarkable SWML...it is soo
important to SignWriting's future...

So while I am writing the report, I am also starting several web
postings. I am glad to see Maria from Malta online, since I am starting
a web posting about the new Maltese Sign Language dictionary...it is
not finished yet...but I will write to you, Maria, privately, to make
sure you are happy with the posting before I announce it...and Karl
Borg too...

And...I just started a PDF Library on our web site...It only has a few
documents from Brazil at the moment...You can access it on this web
page:

http://www.SignWriting.org/acrobat/pdf-brazil

Take a look at the first pdf document on that web page...it is a
charming newsletter from Brazil with cartoons, and they have written
LIBRAS (Brazilian Sign Language) in SignWriting near the cartoons...the
PDF document gives you all six pages, but here is a GIF of the first
page (attached)...Isn't it cute?  Val ;-)