Dan's SWML suggestion about pasting sign sentences from dictionaries

Fri Jul 11 16:26:58 UTC 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 04:13 AM, Angus B. Grieve-Smith wrote:
> If it is mostly the teachers who use the dictionary instead of
> typing, then we certainly shouldn't build that into the system.  In any
> case, I thought the point of SWML (as opposed to SignWriting in
> general)
> was to provide an alternative to the binary .sgn format.

First, you are right that Cecilia's students have done some typing at
least - I know that for a fact - several of the teachers in Albuquerque
told me that...because the teachers themselves did not know how to do
that and they were impressed with their students' skills...

And yes...SW-EDIT saves all files in the .SWML format, instead of the
..SGN format, so if getting away from .SGN is important for some reason,
then perhaps the .SWML format will be the tool needed?...