Hooked "L"

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 15 13:24:50 UTC 2003

Am I misreading your illustration?  In all of the rotations for the "5" hand, the thumb is on the "dark" side, but the actual index hand (to the left, standing alone) has the thumb on the "light" side.  Is this a typo?

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
July 14, 2003

Researching Symbols continued...

Another important point...When the thumb is side, viewed from the side
view, the line for the thumb is placed on the dark side of the symbol.
But when the thumb is forward, viewed from the side view, the thumb
line comes out of the palm (the opposite side), as shown in the GIF
below: