Hooked "L"

Tue Jul 15 15:23:02 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 15, 2003

Charles - please take a look at SignBank 7, the SSS, so you can see all
96 palm facings and orientations of that symbol...that symbol is
standardized now and includes the dot is certain circumstances....go to
SignBank 7 to view all the nuances...I hope you can install SignBank
soon...

Val ;-)

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 06:27 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

> I much prefer this illustration for "thumb projecting forward" as a
> thumb line on the "palm" side rather than an almost invisible
> "circle".  It's much easier to write, and makes sense.
>
> Charles
>

> Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
>
> SignWriting List
> July 14, 2003
>
> Researching Symbols continued...
>
> If you look in the Spanish textbook, the 16th PDF file, which you can
> download from our web site...
>
> http://www.signwriting.org/spain/lecciones/SignoEscritura/index.html
>
> you will see some wonderful hand charts. Here are illustrations by
> Steve Parkhurst, of the thumb projecting forward:
>

> > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif x-mac-creator=3842494D;
> x-unix-mode=0644; x-mac-type=47494666; name=Symbols-6.gif

<image.tiff>