Hooked "L"

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Tue Jul 15 17:57:12 UTC 2003

Oh yes, we do use them. So I had seen the dots and circles around for a
while, but they were not in my original book on Sign Writing for Norway.

I perfectly understand that some symbols have to be arbitrary, but they
should not be counterintuitiive. So the thumb on the palm side when we
view the hand sidewise and the thumb is perpendicular, is perfectly fine.
But the index finger should not move over, should it? And the the thumb to
the left when we are looking straight at the all-white palm of the right
hand, - I still don't get it. Sorry.

Ingvild

BTW: today I bought the domain name for SW in NSL. There is nothing there
yet, but when the times come, it will be

http://www.tegnskrift.net