AW: More HELP needed - opening format SW Java

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Tue Jul 29 14:18:36 UTC 2003

Hi Ingvild,

thanks for sharing your problems with Sign Writer Java,

I would suggest the following:

Just close all programs, open the Explorer look for your SignWriter 5.0
folder select one .sgn file you would like to open with Sign Writer 5.0
click on it with the right mouse button -  the pull down menu offers :
rename just type a complete new name with dot and sgn in the end. (no
capital letters)

Now start the SW 50 program -

No go to file and open and select that file that you renamed before with no
capital letters!!

The other problem is the following.

As far as I know we are lucky to get wonderful pollished SW symbols but now
what ?  For the purpose of capturing screenshots for presenting the gifs on
internetsites or emailattachments - this is fine -   but as far as I
understand the options for now - there seems to be no way to make a high
quality printout from these under these circumstances.

So you should ask the Swiss Team - did they get their graphics directly from
the Mac Sw5.0 version -

I guess so!  But I am not sure -

So what I understand for now - we should be happy to be able to create
wonderful gifs for screen-presentation but have to go through other
procedures in order to get materials for publishing in printed media

Good luck to you

Stefan ;-))

Do not feel sad. ;-) see attached gif

-----Urspr ^?^? gliche Nachricht-----