SignWriter MAC 5.0 Posted on Web!

Sun Jun 1 13:58:32 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 1st, 2003

Daniel Noelpp wrote:
> P.S. I wonder why you announced the beta version only
> works on Mac. Should I send an e-mail to the developer?
> (Mr. Gleaves I think? Could I have his e-mail address?)

Dear SignWriting List and Daniel -
Actually SignWriter MAC is not a beta version at all - it is much less
than that. It technically should not be released because it doesn't
work at all in some cases...like printing. Usually beta test versions
are better than that! That is why I didn't release it for five
years...but now I have chosen to let it out, even though it is
non-functioning in some areas...maybe it will help to share it...for
example...you just taught me that you got it going in Windows 2000,
which I did not realize...so it is helping already!

Richard Gleaves is the developer of SignWriter DOS. He is not the
developer of the JAVA version. Richard is no longer programming, and is
not available. And he has no idea about the JAVA version anyway, since
it is so different than his DOS version.

There is no developer of SignWriter MAC except for ME! It was
programmed by five different programmers, and all of them are not
available...so ask me the questions, and I will do my best to answer
you -  Val ;-)