SignWriter MAC 5.0 Posted on Web!

Sun Jun 1 15:37:43 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 1, 2003

You guys have made my day! Meanwhile, what used to print on my Mac is
no longer printing AT ALL - so you can see that I am right - the
printing is too sporadic and changable to be clean enough for a mass
release - it must be solved first. And I can see that it is the new
release of Java 1.4.1 that is making the difference in other ways...SO
WONDERFUL TO KNOW IT WORKS IN WINDOWS 98! Thanks for telling me this,
Bill - so it is best to say that is works in Java 1.4.1 or higher
(smile)...

Also - something weird related to preferences - I created a certain
look - I chose Menus in Words and Signs and I chose red for the Menus
as you can see in the PDF manual - I then zipped that and uploaded it
to the web - But when I downloaded that onto another older Mac here in
my office, I found that all the preferences were neutral - the menus
were only in signs and the color was grey - so the preferences did not
hold, when uploading and downloading...so now I understand better why
Daniel couldn't read the menus!

So if you look in the manual, go to preferences and change it to "Menus
in Signs and Words", and change the color of the menus, or the paper
background, or the symbols to anything you want! you can have orange
SignWriting symbols and purple menus if you want - ha!

VAL ;-)