AW: Bug...ASL Dictionary Windows refuses to resize....

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Mon Jun 2 22:32:46 UTC 2003

Dear Valerie,

thanks so much for your decision to give us the chance to experiment with SW
5.0 -

I spent some time on working with it today - Mac X - version after I
downloaded the java - program
(Win 98 and Win XP )

- I had no problem to resize the dictionary window to what size I wanted
- I could change the view preferences
   - menus ( I prefer menu in sign and words - later I will change to signs
;-))
   - type left to right could not be changed ..
   - large fonts could not be changed -
            does this option influence the printed output ? If so - can I
change that in the "Locale Properties Folder " ?

   - colors can be changed - but grey, black and white are fine !!

There is a wonderful advantage that it seems to be so easy to create very
quick nice looking gifs of the document-

Well - for now there are printing problems -

I could not print anything directly but managed to print via Adobe
Distiller -

the resulting document shows "very large" symbols - and there is no room
left on the left side  -
 (I  attached the pdf - file - so You can see, what I am talking about)

(I bet that the program will allow different printing formats in the future
, which would be very helpful in ordr to create the excercise - sheets for
my class. )

The screenshts look great and are most welcome to create nice looking
graphics for my website !

So thats it for today - thanks very much again for your gift ...

Have a great day

Stefan ;-)

I could convert SW.44 files in SW 5.0 if I rename the files before - no
capital letters allowed ( aha !!)

I could work with the German dictionary  - a lot of fun -

I could

- of course I realized that there is a printer problem